Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: New CV Executive (thread started 2008)

1. | #496
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

Quote Originally Posted by Sobriquet View Post
    Noble Park Chess Club & coaching program → $826 to Noble Park Chess Club for coaching program – passed 5-0 (CW abstained);
    And a remarkably well written proposal it was.
    If only the business case for the East-West link, or even the Gippsland Desalination plant, were as well written.
    FReedom though Fischer-Random chess to enjoy the whole game.

2. | #497

Chess Victoria is calling for bids to conduct on behalf of the Chess Victoria the following tournaments.

2018 Victorian Open Championship

2018 Victorian Juniors Championship

Please email Leonid Sandler your proposals before Feb 28/2018.

If you have any questions please let him know.

3. | #498

Default For 2018

President Leonid Sandler
    Vice-President Peter Tsai
    Treasurer Trevor Stanning
    Secretary Kerry Stead
    Committee Chris Wallis
    Committee Katrin Aladjova-Kusznirczuk

4. | #499

Default Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Sobriquet View Post
    President Leonid Sandler
    Vice-President Peter Tsai
    Treasurer Trevor Stanning
    Secretary Kerry Stead
    Committee Chris Wallis
    Committee Katrin Aladjova-Kusznirczuk
    A fine and distinguished group. The ACF could learn a thing or two from how the BHCC runs things, efficiently and on time.
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

5. | #500

Chess Victoria Inc.
    Agenda of Executive meeting #1 of 2018 Executive.
    Wednesday February 28 at 7:30pm at Box Hill Chess Club <21A Electra Avenue Ashwood>

1. Open meeting
    2. Apologies
    3. Outwards correspondence
    4. Inwards Correspondence
    5. Report by Treasurer
    a. Accounts status.
    6. Visits made or planned
    7. Events - Hosting; review:
    a. Victorian Open – Bids
    b. Victorian Junior - Bids
    c. Victorian Interschool – Planning for 2018
    d. Victorian Championship – Planning for 2018
    e. Australian Junior – Review
    8. Chess Victoria Insurance
    9. Follow-up on previous correspondence
    10. Set next meeting date and location

Re 7a

The MCC bid to conduct the 2018 Victorian Open Championship had been accepted.

In addition the CV executive committee agreed to pay for the registration of our event for the 2018 Australian Grand Prix.

Re 7b

The CJCC bid to conduct the 2018 Victorian Junior Championship had been accepted.

6. | #501

Default Treasurer’s report to the CV Executive: 27/02/2018

Treasurer’s report to the CV Executive: 27/02/2018

1. Cheques written since the 21/10/2017 CV Executive meeting.
    • As per attached ‘green sheet’.

2. Account balances
    • Cheque account $17631 rounded @ 27/02/2018
    • Term deposit $17,967 … no change
    • Term deposit $20,231 … no change

3. Management of proper governance:
    • Advertise and invite offers to Vic OPEN hosting
    • Advertise and invite offers to Vic Junior hosting
    • Advertise and invite listing on accredited Arbiters Panel
    • Ensure discounted clocks are only owned by State and Clubs.
    4. Chess Victoria events clashing with Club events.

Treasurer

7. | #502

Default Minutes of Executive meeting #1 of 2018 Executive.

Chess Victoria Inc.
    Minutes of Executive meeting #1 of 2018 Executive.
    Wednesday February 28 at 7:30pm at Box Hill Chess Club <21A Electra Avenue Ashwood>

1. Open meeting 7:32pm
    2. Apologies Katrin Aladjova
    3. Outwards correspondence Northern Star invoices to be followed up
    4. Inwards Correspondence Correspondence regarding potential Asian/Chinese 'tourism' & chess involvement in cultural exchanges;
    5. Report by Treasurer
    a. Accounts status. Cheques written since last meeting;
    Account balances: Cheque account approx $17000; Term deposits approx $38000 total;
    Ensure proper processes followed for bidding for events;
    Arbiters panel for events – work in progress;
    Equipment & discounted clocks – state & clubs only; sufficient clocks to cover demand; Chess Victoria to purchase 200 DGT 3000 clocks @ $39 each;
    Future equipment – need for chess sets;
    Issue with clashing events – esp Age Group Rapid & conflicting club events; Perhaps future targeting school holiday dates?
    Communication improved – need to update calendar on Chess Victoria website;
    6. Visits made or planned Canterbury; Noble Park; Melbourne; Ches Artists; Ballarat upcoming;
    7. Events - Hosting; review:
    a. Victorian Open – Bids Add to Grand Prix – Melbourne CC;
    b. Victorian Junior – Bids Canterbury Junior CC;
    c. Victorian Interschool – Planning for 2018 Underway. Secondary final date finalise & others to be determined;
    d. Victorian Championship – Planning for 2018 9 rounds @ Box Hill CC – dates June 17, 24, July 15, 22, 29, August 5, 12*, 19 & 26; Start 4pm except Aug 12 6:30pm; Swiss system with 24 players;
    Issues of eligibility requirements;
    e. Australian Junior – Review Generally well run – happy with Canterbury Juniors & those involved in running event;
    8. Chess Victoria Insurance Consider insurance for new clock purchases
    9. Australasian Masters Potential for future sponsorship request for 2018 event
    10. Follow-up on previous correspondence Nil
    11. Set next meeting date and location 25th April 7:30pm

8. | #503
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

In regard to the agenda item minuted above <Chess Victoria to purchase 200 DGT 3000 clocks @ $39 each>; these will be owned by the State entity (Chess Victoria Incorporated) and used for large events such as the 5 Schools semifinals and Finals, and future Australian Junior Championships. These events are regularly surpassing 200 players in size and sections of the events are often in the same time-frame.
    Orders from Clubs have been sought and firm responses received from Canterbury Junior Chess Club and Ballarat Chess club, and are not part of the CV order of 200.

9. | #504

Quote Originally Posted by MOZ View Post
    In regard to the agenda item minuted above <Chess Victoria to purchase 200 DGT 3000 clocks @ $39 each>; these will be owned by the State entity (Chess Victoria Incorporated) and used for large events such as the 5 Schools semifinals and Finals, and future Australian Junior Championships. These events are regularly surpassing 200 players in size and sections of the events are often in the same time-frame.
    Orders from Clubs have been sought and firm responses received from Canterbury Junior Chess Club and Ballarat Chess club, and are not part of the CV order of 200.
    CV really needs to bang the rocks together and send the ACF Secretary an accurate list of how many clocks of what type are being ordered by what Victorian entities. Every other state that has ordered has been able to do this.

Inability (possibly deliberate) to follow simple instructions is delaying the ACF's clock order and putting CV at risk of not having any clocks ordered for it.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

10. | #505

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    CV really needs to bang the rocks together and send the ACF Secretary an accurate list of how many clocks of what type are being ordered by what Victorian entities. Every other state that has ordered has been able to do this.
    Your use of colourful language <CV really needs to bang the rocks together > is noted and I leave it to other readers to speculate why you have found it necessary to go down this macho-track.

The CV order was submitted by email 28 Feb 2018 23:45, which was close to the requested date, but within the requested date.
    It still stands as the official CV response.

The iterations caused by the ACF Secretary and the ACF NRO have added nothing to the process and the CV order remains unchanged.
    The ACF request <that no on-selling of clocks to commercial interests> was discussed at length in an agenda item of the CV Executive meeting. It was a request that was easy to read, easy to comply with, and easy to follow, and we did, as has been minuted in the Minutes published.

Inability (possibly deliberate) to follow simple instructions is delaying the ACF's clock order and putting CV at risk of not having any clocks ordered for it.
    Our order is clear, final, compliant, and signed-off by an Executive vote.
    The delays and iterations are not of CV's making.

11. | #506

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic]Your use of colourful language <CV really needs to bang the rocks together > is noted and I leave it to other readers to speculate why you have found it necessary to go down this macho-track.
    You are quite probably the first person in the history of the universe to describe that particular reference as "macho".

The CV order was submitted by email 28 Feb 2018 23:45, which was close to the requested date, but within the requested date.
    And it didn't provide the necessary information. Hence the problem.

That is capable of being read as saying that it is the entire content of CV's official responses, which is not the case.

The iterations caused by the ACF Secretary and the ACF NRO have added nothing to the process and the CV order remains unchanged.

The delays and iterations are not of CV's making.
    So CV is not responsible for CV's inability to follow clearly stated requirements that are stated for a very good reason.

Anyway there has been progress on the matter since my post above.

However dealing with a certain person (not you in this instance) is like endlessly pulling renewable teeth from a whale.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

12. | #507

You are quite probably the first person in the history of the universe to describe that particular reference as "macho".

And it didn't provide the necessary information. Hence the problem.

That is capable of being read as saying that it is the entire content of CV's official responses, which is not the case.

So CV is not responsible for CV's inability to follow clearly stated requirements that are stated for a very good reason.

Anyway there has been progress on the matter since my post above.

However dealing with a certain person (not you in this instance) is like endlessly pulling renewable teeth from a whale.
    I think you have got your POST-quote marks out of position.
    Just to re-state:

The CV Executive signed off the decision on Wednesday the 28th of Feb, mid-evening.
    The requested purchase quantity on behalf of all Victoria remains the same.
    There has been no revision of our request.

We have been asked to comment on nonsense statements such as <Also given Chess Victoria actually runs no events but outsources tournaments to clubs and other entities, what exactly are CV planning on using 303 clocks for.> by the NRO.

The NRO should read about Victorian School Semi-Finals, and should read about CV equipment-support for the 2018 Australian Junior before getting his assumptions so wrong.
    There is no way to answer the NRO's question.
    As ChessLover used to say; in this case the NRO has his assumptions W-R-O-N-G.

Footnote: this may help https://www.google.com.au/search?q=w...hrome&ie=UTF-8 but I am not sure they are renewable.

13. | #508

I think you have got your POST-quote marks out of position.
    Just to re-state:
    You're welcome to irrelevantly obfuscate and distract as per normal but the facts are not changed by you doing so. The purpose of my post was to alert you to the fact that CV's clocks request was in peril on account of unsatisfactory communications on behalf of CV, in case you were not aware of this. Since then the level of detail has, very belatedly, improved.

14. | #509

Default Answer to MCC delegate's question

At the recent CV AGM, the President's report forecast a Victorian would be a member of the forthcoming mens Olympic Team. The MCC delegate queried this and asked "who will be the lucky one?".

The delegate will be surprised to learn there are 4 likely, 3 certain.

15. | #510

Default From the MCC Facebook page

Australian teams for Batumi Chess Olympiad (subject to any appeals, withdrawals) Open: 1.Smirnov 2.Zhao 3.Illingworth 4.Cheng 5.Morris. Women: 1.Richards 2.Ryanova 3.Zhang 4.Nguyen 5.Berezina.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Members who have read this thread since 06-10-18, 08:10 AM : 0

Actions :  (View-Readers)  (Set Date)  (Clear Date)

There are no names to display.