Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Rating Systems

1. | #376
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZ View Post
    Oh dear, it has been relayed to me (in the past 2 days) that the three largest (non-guru) chess coaching organizations in Victoria have a poor view of the ACF rapid rating system in regard to
    the three points that I wrote earlier in this thread
    i) lacking presentation, ii) only 4 times issued per year, iii) biased cohort.

Thus, the coaching organizations are still seriously Looking for YARS.
    Personally I still hope the zero-finance dimension might be a deal-sealer.
    After much looking, looking, looking, YARS, has not been found. Apparently.

But there may be a work-around for the sticker-shock issue.
    AGM is listed for this coming Sunday evening.

As you go through life make this your goal:
    "Watch the donut, not the hole."
    FReedom though Fischer-Random chess to enjoy the whole game.

2. | #377
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post

What fees does Chess Victoria charge a club for the ACF rating of a rapid event? Just the ACF Admin fees, or more?
    If the following quote is still operating

Quote Originally Posted by NRO
    For ACF only rated events there is the ACF Admin fee.

The ACF Admin fee is 40 cents per player per game for normal games, 15 cents per player per game for rapids and 5 cents per player per game for blitz.

For FIDE rated events there are 3 fees.

1) The above ACF admin fee.

2) There is the FIDE tournament registration fee charged by FIDE. This varies based on whether the event is a swiss or round robin. For a swiss it is one euro per player, whilst for round robins it is based on the average rating of the players. The minimum fee for a round robin is 50 euro for the whole tournament, with the next level up 100 euro. Most club round robins would be 50 euro. Currently FIDE is not charging a registration fee for Rapid or Blitz tournaments.

3) The ACF FIDE admin fee, charged by the ACF. This is 15 cents per player per game with a minimum charge per tournament division of $30. This fee applies to all FIDE rated normal, rapid and blitz tournaments.
    it would seem the ACF charge for a player participating in a 7-round Allegro is (7 * $0.15 ) =$1.05
    Whereas the CV charge to an affiliated Club is $1.00.
    Thus the arith* shows CV discounts the ACF charge, and provides the rapid ratings to affiliated Clubs at a small loss.
    Last edited by MOZ; 09-02-18 at 08:12 AM. Reason: * : arith in Oz, math in USA
    FReedom though Fischer-Random chess to enjoy the whole game.

3. | #378

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED

What fees does Chess Victoria charge a club for the ACF rating of a rapid event? Just the ACF Admin fees, or more?
    Subsequent to an amendment to the budget last evening, CV now provides ACF rapid ratings at a discount to the ACF Admin charge, to both affiliated and non-affiliated tournaments.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Members who have read this thread since 19-04-18, 06:39 PM : 0

Actions :  (View-Readers)  (Set Date)  (Clear Date)

There are no names to display.