Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: What's the Worst Opening You've Ever Seen?

  1. | #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    13

    Default What's the Worst Opening You've Ever Seen?

    Don't answer Fool's Mate.

    The worst one I've seen was called 'the Possum'. It involves White playing e4, f3, d3, g3, c3, and other awfully weakening moves such as Qe2 and Nh3.

  2. | #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    18

    Default

    There is a really bad opening with a funny name called the Transvestite Opening. It involves switching the positions of the King and Queen. So an example would be As white you play d3 then Qd2 then Kd1 and then Qe1, thus switching around the King and Queen. I have played this opening in Blitz games and it's actually a lot of fun, especially the reaction you get from your opponents.

  3. | #3
    Senior Member antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Byron Bay, NSW
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeroKing321 View Post
    There is a really bad opening with a funny name called the Transvestite Opening. It involves switching the positions of the King and Queen. So an example would be As white you play d3 then Qd2 then Kd1 and then Qe1, thus switching around the King and Queen. I have played this opening in Blitz games and it's actually a lot of fun, especially the reaction you get from your opponents.
    That is the T covered, what about the rest of the family: the Lesbian Lair, the Gay Pawn Gambit the Bisexual Bishop, the Queer Queen,

  4. | #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default

    The Lesbian Lair is 1.e4 d5 2.exd5 Qxd5 3.Qf3, the Gay Pawn Gambit is 1.f4 e5 2.g3, the Bisexual Bishop Attack is 1.e4 Nc6 2.Bb5 and the Queer Queen is 1.e4 e6 2.Qe2.

    Have a nice day.

  5. | #5
    Senior Member antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Byron Bay, NSW
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qd6Qe5e8=Q# View Post
    Don't answer Fool's Mate.

    The worst one I've seen was called 'the Possum'. It involves White playing e4, f3, d3, g3, c3, and other awfully weakening moves such as Qe2 and Nh3.
    Playing an real amateur he being about 50 years old fell for the fool's mate 3 times in a row, he then changed and it took to a variation and it took me 5 moves to mate him, twice in a row, then he gave up - a 100% true story.

  6. | #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Definitely the Bongcloud. It really messes with your hash.

  7. | #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    10

    Default

    1.g4 is the worst. Ever.

    This forum requires...4 seconds up

  8. | #8
    Senior Member antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Byron Bay, NSW
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    the worse opening move would have to be the invasion of Poland

  9. | #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    138

    Default

    The most difficult opening I found to play was Pirc - tried for three years to get a grip on it but in the end tossed it away and play Sicilian.

  10. | #10
    Tin Cup Champ 2004 Just2Good's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cairns
    Posts
    7,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    The most difficult opening I found to play was Pirc - tried for three years to get a grip on it but in the end tossed it away and play Sicilian.
    Hi George, good to see you again. I hope you've been well.

    I used to know a master who used the Pirc religiously, it served him well. Like yourself though, I never saw the attraction.
    .
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

    ~ Isaiah Berlin ~

  11. | #11
    Senior Member Firegoat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!
    Posts
    3,292

    Default

    The Fred is pretty suss
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers



Members who have read this thread since 17-06-19, 12:51 PM : 0

Actions :  (View-Readers)  (Set Date)  (Clear Date)

There are no names to display.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •