Thread: What's the Worst Opening You've Ever Seen?

1. | #1

Default What's the Worst Opening You've Ever Seen?

Don't answer Fool's Mate.

The worst one I've seen was called 'the Possum'. It involves White playing e4, f3, d3, g3, c3, and other awfully weakening moves such as Qe2 and Nh3.

2. | #2

There is a really bad opening with a funny name called the Transvestite Opening. It involves switching the positions of the King and Queen. So an example would be As white you play d3 then Qd2 then Kd1 and then Qe1, thus switching around the King and Queen. I have played this opening in Blitz games and it's actually a lot of fun, especially the reaction you get from your opponents.

3. | #3

Quote Originally Posted by HeroKing321 View Post
    There is a really bad opening with a funny name called the Transvestite Opening. It involves switching the positions of the King and Queen. So an example would be As white you play d3 then Qd2 then Kd1 and then Qe1, thus switching around the King and Queen. I have played this opening in Blitz games and it's actually a lot of fun, especially the reaction you get from your opponents.
    That is the T covered, what about the rest of the family: the Lesbian Lair, the Gay Pawn Gambit the Bisexual Bishop, the Queer Queen,

4. | #4

The Lesbian Lair is 1.e4 d5 2.exd5 Qxd5 3.Qf3, the Gay Pawn Gambit is 1.f4 e5 2.g3, the Bisexual Bishop Attack is 1.e4 Nc6 2.Bb5 and the Queer Queen is 1.e4 e6 2.Qe2.

Have a nice day.

5. | #5

Quote Originally Posted by Qd6Qe5e8=Q# View Post
    Don't answer Fool's Mate.

The worst one I've seen was called 'the Possum'. It involves White playing e4, f3, d3, g3, c3, and other awfully weakening moves such as Qe2 and Nh3.
    Playing an real amateur he being about 50 years old fell for the fool's mate 3 times in a row, he then changed and it took to a variation and it took me 5 moves to mate him, twice in a row, then he gave up - a 100% true story.

Members who have read this thread : 9