Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 151 to 162 of 162

Thread: Has The Awakening Begun?

  1. | #151
    Siberian Chess Tiger Axiom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,876

    Default Orange Man Bad, TV Man Good

    Last edited by Axiom; 25-04-19 at 07:18 PM.
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

  2. | #152
    Senior Member antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Byron Bay, NSW
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    As Obama stated, the Trump have had a football field full indictments whereas his admin in 8 years had not one!!!

  3. | #153
    Volunteer MOZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.
    Posts
    5,094

    Default A flutterby in the forests of Brasil.

    Mid-term elections

    Fortunately we have been spared the experience of hanging chads.
    The recent U.S elections have been counted at the less granular level of


    red# vs blue-wave#

    If Al Gore had persisted with his challenge to hanging chads etc we would have had a different Awakening. And perhaps no IRAQ war v2.
    FReedom though Fischer-Random chess to enjoy the whole game.

  4. | #154
    Siberian Chess Tiger Axiom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOZ View Post

    If Al Gore had persisted with his challenge to hanging chads etc we would have had a different Awakening. And perhaps no IRAQ war v2.
    Don't look back.
    Be grateful for the Awakening now.
    Notice the resistance to both Brexit and Trump.
    The Deep State has no plans to go quietly into the night.
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

  5. | #155
    Siberian Chess Tiger Axiom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    Don't look back.
    Be grateful for the Awakening now.
    Notice the resistance to both Brexit and Trump.
    The Deep State has no plans to go quietly into the night.
    I should also add: Note the resistance to The OzChess Boys!
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

  6. | #156
    Member OzChessFM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    99

    Default Shadow On The Water

    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    .... into the night.

  7. | #157
    Senior Member Jasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    175

    Default


  8. | #158
    Senior Member Jasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    175

    Default

    "What with Trump beating off the mimophant demons, Brexit headed for a hard no-deal, and Yellow Vests flourishing, it must be one helluva time to be a Neo-Liberal!" - Firegoat7

  9. | #159
    Tin Cup Champ 2004 Just2Good's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cairns
    Posts
    7,053

    Post Awakening Isn't Really Happening

    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    Don't look back.
    Be grateful for the Awakening now.
    Notice the resistance to both Brexit and Trump.
    The Deep State has no plans to go quietly into the night.
    Not to be a wet blanket, but there really isn't much of "an awakening" going on. Most Australians, for example, if they grew up in a household that supported Labour/Liberals-Nats, well, then they into adulthood will generally support Labour or the Libs/Nats. That's why no other political party has ever been behind the wheel. People get taught something, usually when they're young, then they never bother to question it.

    That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

    What kind of is a bad thing is the fact the Nationals are no longer a balance of power party the way they were up to the late 80's, possibly early 90's.
    .
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

    ~ Isaiah Berlin ~

  10. | #160
    Siberian Chess Tiger Axiom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    Not to be a wet blanket, but there really isn't much of "an awakening" going on. Most Australians, for example, if they grew up in a household that supported Labour/Liberals-Nats, well, then they into adulthood will generally support Labour or the Libs/Nats. That's why no other political party has ever been behind the wheel. People get taught something, usually when they're young, then they never bother to question it.

    That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

    What kind of is a bad thing is the fact the Nationals are no longer a balance of power party the way they were up to the late 80's, possibly early 90's.
    Do you think that if a significant enough majority catches onto this particular dynamic then all we'll see as a consequence is simple label changing as per the cup and ball magic trick?
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

  11. | #161
    Tin Cup Champ 2004 Just2Good's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cairns
    Posts
    7,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    Do you think that if a significant enough majority catches onto this particular dynamic then all we'll see as a consequence is simple label changing as per the cup and ball magic trick?
    I think generally people like to believe that it makes a difference, if the Coalition is replaced by Labour at the federal or state level, or vice versa. In reality though, I'm not sure that the change is really so profound. Especially if the Prime Minister doesn't have a majority in the Senate.
    .
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

    ~ Isaiah Berlin ~

  12. | #162
    Siberian Chess Tiger Axiom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    I think generally people like to believe that it makes a difference, if the Coalition is replaced by Labour at the federal or state level, or vice versa. In reality though, I'm not sure that the change is really so profound. Especially if the Prime Minister doesn't have a majority in the Senate.
    Good point.
    It is little wonder that you are known as The Smooth Operator


    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •