Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 175

Thread: Australian Chess Federation website is a public relations disaster

  1. | #91
    Senior Member Firegoat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    Of course it's untrue, no matter how "news" is defined. The information about Anton receiving his GM title is not the latest addition to the front page of the website and it is also not (by a long shot) the latest new information on the site.
    Clearly the ACF news section on the ACF website is out of date and most certainly not providing much quality information about the Australian Chess scene. Hydrated aka Dr Kevin Bonham keeps defending the website saying that it has all the necessary up to date information. I would challenge him to give the website a mark out of ten if he is so confident of his opinion. In my opinion, the ACF website gets about 2/10. It is sub standard and in need of a drastic overhaul. Luckily for the ACF I have solution, which will help them provide a better product for Australian Chess

    Get on the phone and employ chess playing computer professional Frank Lekkas to maintain the website. Frank would charge a fair and reasonable rate and at the same time totally revamp the website. The ACF needs to move with the times and become more professional.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers



  2. | #92
    Senior Membaaaaaa HydraTED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    Clearly the ACF news section on the ACF website is out of date and most certainly not providing much quality information about the Australian Chess scene. Hydrated aka Dr Kevin Bonham keeps defending the website saying that it has all the necessary up to date information.
    Firegoat7 (David Beaumont, who was once thrown out of a tournament for fighting) continues to strawman at every opportunity. What I am doing is simply pointing out where your factual claims are false. That is not an overall assessment of the website. Could it be better? Sure. Is it worth spending thousands of dollars a year of money collected from Australian chessplayers on making it better? That's not such an easy question. It seems that firegoat7 thinks it is, if the money goes to someone he supports. Well, nice to get him partly off the fence about that finally, since in previous cases where I've asked him he hasn't answered. But is he in favour of an open and fair expression of interest process that might in theory result in a webmaster from, say, New South Wales or Tasmania being paid to update the site and (perish the thought) not necessarily a Victorian? Does he even acknowledge that people outside the state of Victoria are human? There has frequently been doubt about this point.

    I would challenge him to give the website a mark out of ten if he is so confident of his opinion.
    I would rather give you a mark out of 10 for the constructiveness of your contributions to Australian chess debate, which consist almost exclusively of whining.

    -10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

  3. | #93
    Siberian Chess Tiger Axiom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    But is he in favour of an open and fair expression of interest process that might in theory result in a webmaster from, say, New South Wales or Tasmania being paid to update the site and (perish the thought) not necessarily a Victorian? Does he even acknowledge that people outside the state of Victoria are human? There has frequently been doubt about this point.
    Stop prevaricating and get on the phone to Frank.
    He's there waiting for your call.
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

  4. | #94
    Senior Member Firegoat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    Could it be better? Sure.
    At the moment it is not even close to satisfactory. So agreeing that it could be better goes without saying. But you need to acknowledge that at this moment in time the ACF website is not even remotely close to being a good representation for Australian chess.
    Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    Is it worth spending thousands of dollars a year of money collected from Australian chessplayers on making it better?
    Ignorant Strawman argument noted. Hydrated aka Dr Kevin Bonhams opinion on how to fund a project is just his opinion on how to fund a project.

    Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    That's not such an easy question. It seems that firegoat7 thinks it is, if the money goes to someone he supports.
    Again Hydrated aka Dr Kevin Bonham engages in silly personal attacks. The reality is at this moment in time there exists an opportunity for the ACF to drastically improve its dilapidated barely functional website,provided of course, that the ACF admits it has a problem. I suggested it would be in the ACFs best interest to discuss the situation with Frank Lekkas given that he has the necessary skill required to meet the demands of the task at hand. A rare opportunity that ought to be a win/win for both parties. I hope Frank, if he reads this discussion is not discouraged from at least approaching the subject with the ACF. And I hope the ACF takes the initiative of encouraging him.

    Hydrated aka Dr Kevin Bonham then immediately suggests that any paid project should be tendered with a bureaucratic process. Good luck getting anything done with the website in 2019, let alone 2018! The irony being that he accuses me of having a vested interest in a potential project that I gain nothing personally from.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers



  5. | #95
    Senior Membaaaaaa HydraTED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    Stop prevaricating and get on the phone to Frank.
    He's there waiting for your call.
    I don't take orders from idiots who want me to implement a nepotistic process that I have no authority to implement anyway.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

  6. | #96
    Senior Membaaaaaa HydraTED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    At the moment it is not even close to satisfactory.
    So you say, but you are a biased whinger. Who cares what you say? Who cares what you think? Who even knows if the two are the same?

    But you need to acknowledge that at this moment in time the ACF website is not even remotely close to being a good representation for Australian chess.
    I do not even need to acknowledge your existence let alone your whinging. I do it only because you need to be told. Repeatedly.

    Ignorant Strawman argument noted. Hydrated aka Dr Kevin Bonhams opinion on how to fund a project is just his opinion on how to fund a project.
    Rubbish; it was a reasonable question. I suppose money grows on trees in your fantasy-land (when it suits you) but the rest of us know that if we are to outsource the website to a professional and have it continually maintained then it would not come cheap.

    Again Hydrated aka Dr Kevin Bonham engages in silly personal attacks.
    Oh dear, you can dish it out but when there's even a whiff of criticism in response you go off whining and making things up.

    Now it seems that you think that any fair and open call of applications must be a "bureaucratic process" that would take at least two years to resolve. Total nonsense. I will say that if there is ever such a process Frank would be very welcome to apply and I would certainly not hold the fact that he had been advocated for by a biased frothing unethical idiot against him. Happy now?

    The irony being that he accuses me of having a vested interest in a potential project that I gain nothing personally from.
    That you think I made such an accusation shows yet again how paranoid you are.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

  7. | #97
    Siberian Chess Tiger Axiom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    I don't take orders from idiots who want me to implement a nepotistic process that I have no authority to implement anyway.
    I was actually speaking to a call for pragmatic action.
    You may have heard of the concept.
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

  8. | #98
    Senior Membaaaaaa HydraTED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    I was actually speaking to a call for pragmatic action.
    You may have heard of the concept.
    No you were just dribbling to yourself off in an irrelevant corner.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

  9. | #99
    Siberian Chess Tiger Axiom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    No you were just dribbling to yourself off in an irrelevant corner.
    Tell that to Frank!
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

  10. | #100
    Senior Membaaaaaa HydraTED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    Tell that to Frank!
    He hasn't disgraced himself by proposing an inappropriate process, unlike you and the goat, so there is nothing to tell him.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

  11. | #101
    Siberian Chess Tiger Axiom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    He hasn't disgraced himself by proposing an inappropriate process, unlike you and the goat, so there is nothing to tell him.
    You could tell him he is being kept in mind during the appropriate process.
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

  12. | #102
    Senior Member Firegoat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    Stop prevaricating and get on the phone to Frank.
    He's there waiting for your call.
    It appears that suggesting such a simple process as a friendly telephone call by the ACF is enough to send Hydrated aka Dr Kevin Bonham into hysterics...yet again. Maybe the ACF really does have serious communication problems?
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers



  13. | #103
    Senior Membaaaaaa HydraTED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    It appears that suggesting such a simple process as a friendly telephone call
    Count yourself lucky I wasn't more fond of "friendly telephone calls". I might have made one to the police.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

  14. | #104
    Member OzChessFM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    Count yourself lucky I wasn't more fond of "friendly telephone calls". I might have made one to the police.

  15. | #105
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I can't agree at all with the premise of the initial thread.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •