Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Australian Chess Federation website is a public relations disaster

1. | #166
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    This is further evidence of .....
    This thread is about the Australian Chess Federation website.
    During the course of the conversation it was established without doubt that you should NEVER EVER be allowed to publicly represent the ACF in anything media related because you cannot control yourself.

Dr Kevin Bonham is without doubt the most disliked and negative poster on the Ozchess forum. Let us hope that the ACF learns from its mistakes and publicly rebukes Bonham for his hateful, unhelpful, arrogant, and negative attitude towards major segments of the Australian chess playing population.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

2. | #167

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    The answer is Yes, that is exactly what you did.
    Ipse dixit.

And yet your normal modus operandi on Ozchess is to make unsubstantiated attacks on posters.
    Actually my normal MO here is not to post at all until posters start making false and/or unsubstantiated attacks on the ACF or on me. Latest outbreak started with your #121 in which you falsely and without evidence or provocation accused me of attacking posters for suggesting a "functional working solution", whereas I had actually pointed out that posters were suggesting an inappropriate process.

I then corrected the record in #123 and substantiated my correction. You then falsely accused me, without evidence, in #133 of not paying attention (when in fact I had seen your gripe but just never agreed with it) and also made a similarly unsubstantiated claim that ACF volunteers were "control freaks".

At a certain point when you keep dishing this trash I will jump in and flame you for it - but I do not initiate these exchanges. If you have a problem with them, just don't talk about me ever since it is always going to end with you being called on your hypocrisy, your intellectual laziness and your resentment of people who work for chess for nothing.

And even though Ozchess allows you free reign you still insist posters like Jasper cannot do the exact same thing you are doing.
    This is more of your dumb strawmanning. At no point in this discussion have I insisted that Jaxiwatsit cannot initiate unsubstantiated claims (which as noted above is not the same as what I am doing). I have simply called him on it.

Nobody wants or needs your [..] judgements on posts here.
    The fact that they are not wanted by you makes them all the more necessary!

Jaspers points are [sycophancy snipped=KB] and nobody needs your permission to communicate on this forum.
    I did not say they did. You, David Beaumont do not need my permission to be an idiot wherever you like. However when you do so, I do not need your permission to call you on it.

People can express themselves in any way they feel like, if you don't like it you can always leave.
    Or I can stay and keep calling them on it.

If you don't like it, don't post about me or the ACF unless you are willing to make a better effort to get your facts straight.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

3. | #168

This thread is about the Australian Chess Federation website.
    Threads on this website are not about anything because of the near-total lack of topicality moderation.

During the course of the conversation it was established without doubt that you should NEVER EVER be allowed to publicly represent the ACF in anything media related because you cannot control yourself.
    No it wasn't, this is an ambit claim by a biased fruitcake. It is also a baseless one because you haven't even attempted to argue that in that precise form, because you are too stupid to work out when I am representing the ACF and am not, and because you have repeatedly shown that you cannot control yourself (having to be autocensored because of your temper-tanties a classic example). Indeed you cannot even control yourself on the subject of whether I can control myself. By your own standard (?) you have established that you should never comment on that subject again. I will be sure to remind you of this.

Dr Kevin Bonham is without doubt the most disliked and negative poster on the Ozchess forum.
    I am only negative here towards negativity and cluelessness, which on this place doesn't narrow the field very much.

Let us hope that the ACF learns from its mistakes and publicly rebukes Bonham for his hateful, unhelpful, arrogant, and negative attitude towards major segments of the Australian chess playing population.
    This place is hardly "major segments". It's mostly just a handful of online social leftovers, including an Adolf-apologist, who got themselves deservedly banned from Chesschat.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

4. | #169

I recently read how about maybe a million Germans died due to starvation in the thirties - don't know if due to depression as well as WW1 reparations. No wonder they were fertile ground for Adolf low dog.

5. | #170

Axiom, we all know you can be dumber than a bagful of hammers
    Had you said an Olympic sized swimming pool of hammers i might have had some sympathy for your claim. But "a bag of hammers"??? I mean that is just patently absurd.
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

6. | #171
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!

[i] I have simply called him on it.
    This is false narrative. All you ever do on Ozchess is seek to control all discussion in which you participate. It is a totally pointless pursuit and it is simply absurd to believe other people, most of whom have been banned from interacting with you on Chesschat, need to validate their commentary to you on this site in any way. Furthermore, you have no positive emotional connections with virtually anyone on Ozchess.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

7. | #172

This is false narrative. All you ever do on Ozchess is seek to control all discussion in which you participate.
    Unsubstantiated rubbish. I have no prospect of control over the discussion so to attempt to control it would be pointless. Of course, I will point out when people are being stupid (which in your case fails to narrow the field) and encourage them to debate more successfully, but whether they prefer to take my advice or keep embarrasing themselves is something I cannot control - and don't need to.

It is a totally pointless pursuit and it is simply absurd to believe other people, most of whom have been banned from interacting with you on Chesschat, need to validate their commentary to you on this site in any way.
    It is not pointless to point out when twits are being twits and thereby stop them from getting away with their twit behaviour unchallenged.

Furthermore, you have no positive emotional connections with virtually anyone on Ozchess.
    Gee that might almost actually be true! It's a miracle! But why on earth would I want any?

8. | #173

Default First Impressions

KB - If you could pass on to the new webmaster that i Axiom offer my pro bono services in the capacity of Marketing Consultant.
    Meaning that i would be on call for ideas.
    For example i would advocate the following 2 images be included on the entry page:

This is an obligation free and serious offer.

(< <O> ॐ

9. | #174

the top image must be of yourself - a no where man

10. | #175

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    the top image must be of yourself - a no where man

11. | #176

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    KB - If you could pass on to the new webmaster that i Axiom offer my pro bono services in the capacity of Marketing Consultant.
    Meaning that i would be on call for ideas.
    For example i would advocate the following 2 images be included on the entry page:

This is an obligation free and serious offer.

(< <O> ॐ
    "There is no information for a person new to chess; someone to the ACF site for guidance. If they are lucky and wade through the list of ACF office-bearers, they might notice the links to State associations at the bottom of a page.

Unlike, say, the ECF site, there is no information provided, let alone tabs for, women's chess or junior chess. Yet By-Laws, of limited interest, have their own tab."
    - Ian Rogers

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Members who have read this thread since 08-11-18, 04:54 AM : 1

Actions :  (View-Readers)  (Set Date)  (Clear Date)