Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All is not lost. Yet.

1. | #31

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    Only after very large numbers of warnings, letoffs, temporary bans, reprieves and offence lists longer than Bruce Reid's arms.
    You missed the point again.
    Which was: "How do those figures add up bigboy!?"

2. | #32

Quote Originally Posted by OzChessFM View Post
    You missed the point again.
    Which was: "How do those figures add up bigboy!?"
    Something like this. Where X is an idiot who is determined to get themselves permanently banned and ignore every opportunity to save themselves, X+X+X+X+X=5X.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

3. | #33
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

Default There was movement at the station because the word had passed around. Who said that?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZ View Post
    Just when I thought I could see the boundaries of the jigsaw puzzle, new pieces arrive and I go back into think mode.

CV has a history of involvement with this Junior Levy of $7000 per year.
    Around 2013-4, the State received a new Treasurer as he was the only candidate for election. He set himself the task of challenging the formal legality of the ACF imposing a levy on behalf of an Associated Body. Initially the Executive backed his efforts in negotiating with the ACF, but when the ACF threat to not admit a winning VIC school to the national finals unless the levy was paid, the Executive's hand was 'forced'.
    The Treasurer subsequently resigned mid-term.

The levy continued to be paid in following years, but we all had a wry smile when it was rebadged with a new name.

As the incoming Treasurer since the mid-term resignation I have arranged payment of the levy in every year invoiced since.

Now we read the junior development levy has been not been passed on to the AusJCL for something around 3 years.

Thus to solve the holiday puzzle I have got to try to understand:
    1 Why a dispute between the AusJCL and the ACF runs 3 years?
    2 Why is CV still being levied, but the levy has not been moved on to the Associated Body?

CV is now financially better off since it reviewed fees for schools participating in costly eoy Finals.
    We are not stretched to pay the levy.
    We could even be interested in paying an increased levy now that junior activities have ramped up and one of our state guidelines for expenditure is to grant money to chess communities that are responsible for that growth.

The ACF needs to fix the current impasse that has not been fixed for 3 years.
    Or is it waiting for another 'Associated Body' to form and be recognised?

Appearing in my Facebook feed >

Do you love the Australian junior chess community? Do you love facebook? Want to help run this page with us? We are looking for fellow community members that would like to assist managing this page. Interested? Drop us a message!

Placed there by Australian Junior Chess Community.

FReedom though Fischer-Random chess to enjoy the whole game.

4. | #34
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!

It has been extremely amusing observing debate about the demise of the AJCL between Dr Kevin Bonham and GM Ian Rogers on the other chess forum.

At the moment I score it at 8-2 in favor of Rogers.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

5. | #35

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    It has been extremely amusing observing debate about the demise of the AJCL between Dr Kevin Bonham and GM Ian Rogers on the other chess forum.

At the moment I score it at 8-2 in favor of Rogers.
    Given that you are so biased against me that you threatened me with violence on the internet, your scorecard is completely irrelevant. It is also hypocritical for you to make any comment at all given all your anti-junior rantings in the past.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

6. | #36

Given that you are so biased against me that you threatened me with violence on the internet, your scorecard is completely irrelevant.
    Not sure how that logically follows.

It is also hypocritical for you to make any comment at all given all your anti-junior rantings in the past.
    Hypocritical or just varied and nuanced?

7. | #37

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Not sure how that logically follows.
    You wouldn't be able to follow logic if you were handcuffed to it and it dragged you through the streets, so your claimed opinion (posted days later for no other reason than to attempt to reignite conflict) is also irrelevant.

8. | #38

You wouldn't be able to follow logic if you were handcuffed to it and it dragged you through the streets, so your claimed opinion (posted days later for no other reason than to attempt to reignite conflict) is also irrelevant.
    That is a curious concoction of ad hominem, projection, illogic, and ipse dixit to be quite frank.

Perhaps the best reason is to reignite conflict!

As my old coach used to say "Conflict is the mother of resolution"
    Last edited by Jasper; 28-01-18 at 09:21 PM.

9. | #39

That is a curious concoction of ad hominem, projection, illogic, and ipse dixit to be quite frank.
    You gave no evidence for your claim "Not sure how that logically follows." so you are in no position to complain or make such claims. And you are still not substantiating your drivel. Just another gutless obvious hypocritical Vaxiom hydra.

As my old coach used to say "Conflict is the mother of resolution"
    You'll be on the receiving end of the mother of all resolutions if you get out of the shadows and debate anything of substance or consequence here.

10. | #40

You gave no evidence for your claim "Not sure how that logically follows." so you are in no position to complain or make such claims. And you are still not substantiating your drivel. Just another gutless obvious hypocritical Vaxiom hydra.
    I am happy to let the readers decide that and/or continue the dialogue on chesschat; Where The OzChess Boys can once again roam free!

You'll be on the receiving end of the mother of all resolutions if you get out of the shadows and debate anything of substance or consequence here.
    I'll do it over there then bigboy!

11. | #41

I am happy to let the readers decide that and/or continue the dialogue on chesschat; Where The OzChess Boys can once again roam free!
    There are practically no readers here, and CC won't be releasing any lunatics from the asylum of our permanent ban list unless they comply with our conditions.

12. | #42

There are practically no readers here, and CC won't be releasing any lunatics from the asylum of our permanent ban list unless they comply with our conditions.
    I think that says it all doesn't it princess snowflake?
    Last edited by Jasper; 30-01-18 at 10:19 PM.

13. | #43

Default The Folding of the Australian Junior Chess League

Is it reasonable to assume that the ACF intends to equal or better the success of the AJCL whilst now under this new "corrected" code of conduct? Or is the "correction" alone enough to deem the dissolution a success?
    What are the parameters involved in determining this considered "favourable" outcome?

14. | #44

Quote Originally Posted by MOZ View Post
    Appearing in my Facebook feed >

Do you love the Australian junior chess community? Do you love facebook? Want to help run this page with us? We are looking for fellow community members that would like to assist managing this page. Interested? Drop us a message!

Placed there by Australian Junior Chess Community.

Now appearing on FB as ACF w.i.p.

1. Decision on where the 2019 AJC is to be hosted.
    2. Who leads the group going to Thailand for the Asian Youth Championships event. <Chiangmai>
    3. JETS date?
    My job is to carry relevant posts to Ozchess.

15. | #45
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    Now appearing on FB as ACF w.i.p.

1. Decision on where the 2019 AJC is to be hosted.
    2. Who leads the group going to Thailand for the Asian Youth Championships event. <Chiangmai>
    3. JETS date?

1. Still an open issue. Unlikely to be a bid from Victoria.
    2. Closed
    3. Likely to be 9/7/2018 to 13/7/2018 in Victoria.
    FReedom though Fischer-Random chess to enjoy the whole game.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast