Thread: Bullshit posted on Chess.com

1. | #1
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!

Default Bullshit posted on Chess.com

Quote Originally Posted by blog from chess.com
    Freedom of speech is an important value in a modern society, but it comes with consequences, e.g. in cases when expressions are harmful or offensive. Public accusations of cheating have the potential to be extremely harmful for the accused player, and thus should be avoided—especially because an actual procedure for dealing with cheating suspicions exists.
    Complete an utter bullshit! If the author really believed freedom of speech was important they wouldn't complain about it being a fucking problem!
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

2. | #2
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!

Just check out is it ok to say a GM played like a patzer on chesschat!

Hilarious stuff. I particularly like Michaels new role as defender of intellectual morality!!
    Same argument as this one.......

3. | #3

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    Complete an utter bullshit! If the author really believed freedom of speech was important they wouldn't complain about it being a fucking problem!
    Well, in chess circles, evidence tends to be a casuality of gossip. Hang first, find out if the person cheated later, if you can be bothered. The approach advocated by the blogger might get around that dilema.
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

4. | #4

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    Well, in chess circles, evidence tends to be a casuality of gossip. Hang first, find out if the person cheated later, if you can be bothered. The approach advocated by the blogger might get around that dilema.
    Do you ever feel that you have been hung first and adjudicated upon later? Were you innocent of all the charges brought against you? Did you receive a fair trial?

5. | #5

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    The approach advocated by the blogger might get around that dilema.
    Recently I played a player who cheated against me. The arbiter ruled inconclusive evidence. I accept the arbiters decision. However I still label that person a cheat and I have every right to do so since I was a first hand witness. The blogger is a naive fool who thinks that every one is innocent until proven guilty.

Members who have read this thread since 26-10-18, 01:29 PM : 0

Actions :  (View-Readers)  (Set Date)  (Clear Date)

There are no names to display.