Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Fire's Victorian Championship 2018

1. | #31
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

Default Exciting isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    he squibbed it, Chop Chop Voonie gets a game though on less points than Beaumont - he paid for that bye to get another point. What do you expect from Victoria who has a big shortage of GMs.
    Thank you for your close interest in the Victorian Championship. Your obvious detailed knowledge of the participants is understandable.
    Your knowledge is likely to be expanded tomorrow in round 3, where our plan is to transmit 10 DGT live games.

exciting.png
    FReedom though Fischer-Random chess to enjoy the whole game.

2. | #32
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

Default Round 3 results

Code:
    2018VicChampionship: Pairing of round 3, at 4pm of 15/07/2018

===================================================================================
      1 = Chan,Luis            ( 2.0) - Gorka,Carl           ( 2.0) =   2 -   5 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      2 = Hacche,David J       ( 1.5) - Dragicevic,Domagoj   ( 1.5) =   7 -   1 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      3 = Zou,Brendan          ( 1.5) - Nemeth,John          ( 1.5) =  10 -   3 = 0 - 1
      4 = Feng,Thomas          ( 1.0) - Levi,Eddy L          ( 1.5) =   8 -   6 = 1 - 0
      5 = Lim,Christopher      ( 1.0) - Canfell,Gregory J    ( 1.0) =  23 -   4 = 0 - 1
      6 = Dissanayake,Himath   ( 1.0) - Lojanica,Milenko     ( 1.0) =  16 -  11 = 0 - 1
      7 = Jiang,Bill           ( 1.0) - Watson,James         ( 1.0) =  12 -  19 = 1 - 0
      8 = Raine,Marcus         ( 1.0) - Anton,Sarah          ( 1.0) =  13 -  24 = 1 - 0
      9 = Milojevic,Miodrag    ( 0.5) - Chmiel,Rad           ( 0.5) =  14 -  21 = 0F-1F
     10 = Khaled,Omar          ( 0.5) - Lim,Cassandra        ( 0.5) =  18 -  17 =  - 
     11 = Crowley,Regan        ( 0.0) - Voon,Richard         ( 0.0) =  20 -  22 =  - 
     12 = Beaumont,David       ( 1.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =   9 -   0 =     
     13 = Davis,Tony J         ( 1.0) - ( not paired )       ( 0.0) =  15 -   0 = 0

3. | #33

Quote Originally Posted by MOZ View Post
    Thank you for your close interest in the Victorian Championship. Your obvious detailed knowledge of the participants is understandable.
    Your knowledge is likely to be expanded tomorrow in round 3, where our plan is to transmit 10 DGT live games.

exciting.png
    I have seen Chop Chop's right jab in action live in the NSW championships about 35 years ago in the Arts centre building in Sydney. And FG's right was there for all to see at the Doeberl.

Maybe Axiom can show a few shots of all the action on Board 12 and if the colour scheme matches and how good the dope is - Firegoat's opponent that is.
    Last edited by antichrist; 17-07-18 at 07:47 AM.

4. | #34

It was those dirty Victorian players, Goulding and Kikkert, who started that basketball fight against the Philippines. Off with their heads.

5. | #35

I have seen Chop Chop's right jab in action live in the NSW championships about 35 years ago in the Arts centre building in Sydney. And FG's right was there for all to see at the Doeberl.

Maybe Axiom can show a few shots of all the action on Board 12 and if the colour scheme matches and how good the dope is - Firegoat's opponent that is.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit. Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line, Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Round 4 pairings due soon.

6. | #36

It was those dirty Victorian players, Goulding and Kikkert, who started that basketball fight against the Philippines. Off with their heads.
    I can't think of many boxing champions from Victoria either. Fenech, Choc Mundine, Horn, Green, Tzu..., Harding - none of them

7. | #37

Now if FG had been on the Boomers team he could have taken the stadium on single-handedly.

8. | #38

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit. Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line, Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Round 4 pairings due soon.
    I magnified the page to the maximum but still cannot read the T-shirt.
    Google-search of the image failed to assist. All thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

9. | #39

I can't think of many boxing champions from Victoria either. Fenech, Choc Mundine, Horn, Green, Tzu..., Harding - none of them
    Let me get this thread back on topic...chess.

Lester Ellis began boxing training with Matthew Quinn at the Glengala Boxing Club in the Melbourne suburb of West Sunshine.

Although not included in his Wikipedia page, I beat him in a few games of chess at the Mall in the Gold Coast, and the transit lounge at the airport.

10. | #40

Now if FG had been on the Boomers team he could have taken the stadium on single-handedly.

Last edited by Axiom; Yesterday at 08:51 PM.

11. | #41

Lionel Rose

12. | #42

Default Round 4 pairings

Code:
    2018 Victorian Championship: Pairing of round 4, at 4pm of 22/07/2018

===================================================================================
      1 = Dragicevic,Domagoj   ( 2.5) - Chan,Luis            ( 3.0) =   1 -   2 =  ... 
      2 = Nemeth,John          ( 2.5) - Jiang,Bill           ( 2.0) =   3 -  12 =  ... 
      3 = Canfell,Gregory J    ( 2.0) - Feng,Thomas          ( 2.0) =   4 -   8 =  ... 
      4 = Gorka,Carl           ( 2.0) - Raine,Marcus         ( 2.0) =   5 -  13 =  ... 
      5 = Levi,Eddy L          ( 1.5) - Chmiel,Rad           ( 1.5) =   6 -  21 =  ... 
      6 = Beaumont,David       ( 1.5) - Hacche,David J       ( 1.5) =   9 -   7 =  ... 
      7 = Davis,Tony J         ( 1.0) - Zou,Brendan          ( 1.5) =  15 -  10 =  ... 
      8 = Watson,James         ( 1.0) - Dissanayake,Himath   ( 1.0) =  19 -  16 =  ... 
      9 = Lim,Cassandra        ( 1.0) - Lim,Christopher      ( 1.0) =  17 -  23 =  ... 
     10 = Anton,Sarah          ( 1.0) - Khaled,Omar          ( 1.0) =  24 -  18 =  ... 
     11 = Milojevic,Miodrag    ( 0.5) - Crowley,Regan        ( 0.5) =  14 -  20 =  ... 
     12 = Voon,Richard         ( 0.5) - ( bye )              ( 0.0) =  22 -   0 = 1    
     13 = Lojanica,Milenko     ( 2.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  11 -   0 = 

13. | #43

The Fire versus his old foe The Hatchet Man.
    Promises to be a treat.
    Fingers crossed the live boards are transmitting.

14. | #44

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    The Fire versus his old foe The Hatchet Man.
    Promises to be a treat.
    Fingers crossed the live boards are transmitting.
    5 were active last night, and the 6th was OK but a player was absent (The Flavid Dude).
    12 available for tomorrow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread since 16-07-18, 02:34 PM : 9