Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi, a few questions about memberships to ACF/FIDE

1. | #31
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post

You are legally entitled to believe that, but in no other way are you entitled at this time. There is no moral or rational entitlement to a misinformed opinion.
    I cannot believe that you actually said this on Ozchess. Unbelievable.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

2. | #32

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    Hi Mr Firegoat7,

Because I am a moderator (doh). I did not moderate because of anything you said about ACF. I cut out the bit where you were abusive towards me.
    Yeah cut his balls out George ha haha

3. | #33

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    Why does George have moderating powers anyway?
    I thank the dishonourable member for the question. The answer is that george was elected as a moderator in a by-election in 2014. You voted for him. Although his term expired at the end of 2014 together with that of all the other moderators at that time, Just2Good has failed to commission fresh elections which are now almost four years overdue, and as a result those elected in 2014 have simply retained their powers.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

4. | #34

Hi Mr Firegoat7,

Because I am a moderator (doh). I did not moderate because of anything you said about ACF. I cut out the bit where you were abusive towards me.
    Now George why don't you apply the same courtesy to other posters who get abused?

5. | #35

Hi Antichrist,

I don't moderate everyone as the old hands here seem to want to keep animosities started some 15 years ago going. In fact if some of these slanging matches did not exist there wouldn't be a lot happening here. That is not to say that some of these battles haven't been justified by one or other combatants but they get very very willing and express the emotion not necessarily logic of various posters. I have no intention of getting involved in these exchanges where both parties understand the rules , or lack of them - that seems to be the culture of this site. In my case I have made it plain in the past I will endeavour to not personally insult anyone and I expect the same courtesy. People can say I am wrong - and provide evidence that is fair enough but don't insult me - I don't accept nastiness as being normal either give or take and if that makes me precious then so be it.

6. | #36
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!

Hi Antichrist,

People can say I am wrong - and provide evidence that is fair enough but don't insult me - I don't accept nastiness as being normal either give or take and if that makes me precious then so be it.
    Suck it up Princess. We know you are a good bloke, its just well,maybe you don't get that people are born into a class of language and thats the way they prefer to be.
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

7. | #37

Hi Antichrist,

I don't moderate everyone as the old hands here seem to want to keep animosities started some 15 years ago going. In fact if some of these slanging matches did not exist there wouldn't be a lot happening here. That is not to say that some of these battles haven't been justified by one or other combatants but they get very very willing and express the emotion not necessarily logic of various posters. I have no intention of getting involved in these exchanges where both parties understand the rules , or lack of them - that seems to be the culture of this site. In my case I have made it plain in the past I will endeavour to not personally insult anyone and I expect the same courtesy. People can say I am wrong - and provide evidence that is fair enough but don't insult me - I don't accept nastiness as being normal either give or take and if that makes me precious then so be it.
    Hi George, the same used to take place on another forum and I had a tried and tested formula for a circuit breaker. I would provide a scenario of schoolgirls bitching out in the playground - Hydra pulled my bra strap, FG kicked me in the balls, Hydra stinks of BO and on it went and it often worked. Matt Sweeney was a big time operator back then.

8. | #38

Suck it up Princess. We know you are a good bloke, its just well,maybe you don't get that people are born into a class of language and thats the way they prefer to be.
    didn't you adopt intellectual sociological babel when at uni?

9. | #39

Not about language. About your attitude of initiating abuse against others without even remotely proportionate, or usually any, provocation. Exactly the same reason I started calling you out 15 years ago and have been calling you out ever since.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

10. | #40

Fg was a punk "artist" what else can we expect whereas I was an altar boy

11. | #41

Trying to become an ACF member is like trying to ride the cucumber.

12. | #42
    Ken from Conneticut

Quote Originally Posted by blunderer View Post
    Hello fellow Aussie chess enthusiasts,

I'm a new player, playing mostly online with an exception against two friends OTB (one it quite a bit better than me, other is weaker). I'm probably not even 1300FIDE rated (although ChessTempo predicts me to be almost 1400 - which is a joke), but it's hard to know since I never played in an OTB tournament.

I'm from Brisbane, and would like to know the following:

How do I become a member of ACF? Do I just have to go to an event, sign up and then after the tournament I get my ID? How do I get into FIDE? Is ACF part of FIDE, or completely different?

Is there any place I can do this registration for ACF online? Also, are the only tournaments officially recognised by ACF the ones on State Chess Associations websites? (CAQ in my example)
    You become a member of the ACF by accepting one of the many voluntary positions offered to any desiring reader of the ACF Newsletter.

If you can't find the ACF Newsletter yourself, I seriously doubt you have the competency for the voluntary position.

As for events...you have to give up all electronic devices, including watches, pens, glasses and jewellery, at the door. To get an ID, please have your fingerprint taken.

You can get into FIDE by sucking up to whoever is in power, kissing their ass and doing their dirty work. It worked for the ranga.

I'm too bored by you to answer your other questions.

13. | #43

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Kaniff View Post
    You become a member of the ACF by accepting one of the many voluntary positions offered to any desiring reader of the ACF Newsletter.

If you can't find the ACF Newsletter yourself, I seriously doubt you have the competency for the voluntary position.

As for events...you have to give up all electronic devices, including watches, pens, glasses and jewellery, at the door. To get an ID, please have your fingerprint taken.

You can get into FIDE by sucking up to whoever is in power, kissing their ass and doing their dirty work. It worked for the ranga.

I'm too bored by you to answer your other questions.
    If you are from Brisbane, then why do you have Conneticut (spelt incorrectly) in your profile?
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

14. | #44

Quote Originally Posted by Just2Good View Post
    If you are from Brisbane, then why do you have Conneticut (spelt incorrectly) in your profile?
    are people from brissie supposed to be perfect spellers?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread : 15