Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much did the ACF contribute financially to the Aus Open?

1. | #31

Blue Knight ACF & Aus Open

Quote Originally Posted by MOZ View Post
    We seem to be in some sort of agreement.
    Often Kevin realises this when more astute members of the chess community point this out to him.
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

2. | #32
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!

Default The emperor has no clothes

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    Privatisation of the running of events is not some new thing that has blown in with renewed interest in "neo-liberalism", the ACF has been outsourcing these events for decades.
    What a fucken tremendous achievement. Let us hope that this trend continues for the whole of the 21st century (only 81 years left). Hopefully then the ACF will finally have enough statistical data to finally conclude that its Neo liberal programming did absolutely nothing!
    Far from reducing risk, the ACF has ceased taking profits......
    Whoah there comrade....You mean to say the ACF no longer collects rating fees from the Australian Open? the rumors must be true Dr Kevin Bonham is the Josef Stalin of Australian Chess!

and has, in general, increased its own risk
    “If you want to keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself.” Orwell 1984. I certainly believe Moz and the people who organised the Australian Open understand, and can define a financial risk. Clearly Dr Kevin Bonham believes that the ACF has increased its own financial risk by outsourcing the Australian open to them. I guess the rumors are true Dr Kevin Bonham is the Josef Stalin of Tasmanian chess.
    by being willing to outlay more money on guarantees against loss.
    Outlaying more money on guarantess against loss= increasing its own risk. Doublethink 101 -“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984 Orwell 1984.
    Moreover reducing financial risk isn't the primary reason for outsourcing....
    Please stop spreading fake narratives......Dr Kevin Bonham....the Joseph Stalin of the Hobart chess club displays no primary reasoning skills. People should just believe comrade Bonham and his poorly elucidated story about "...primary reason for outsourcing" Remember those that disagree will be sent to the Gulags of Australian chess.......Ozchess!!
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

3. | #33

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    Hopefully then the ACF will finally have enough statistical data to finally conclude that its Neo liberal programming did absolutely nothing!
    We've got more than enough statistical data to conclude you are a repetitive idiot with no idea about political ideology.

Whoah there comrade....You mean to say the ACF no longer collects rating fees from the Australian Open?

You thought that was a knockdown on the assumption that surely the ACF must collect "rating fees" from the Open, and it was a pretty pathetic knockdown in the first place given that it was obviously not what we were talking about before.

But a bigger problem is that you are in fact wrong. The ACF does not collect "rating fees" (their real name is "admin fees") from ACF title events! I don't think it has done so in my 18 years on Council.

the rumors must be true Dr Kevin Bonham is the Josef Stalin of Australian Chess!
    The rumours must be true - you are the Comical Ali!

“If you want to keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself.” Orwell 1984.
    Certainly not necessary in your case. Anything we publish may as well be a secret kept from you given your poor attention levels.

I certainly believe Moz and the people who organised the Australian Open understand, and can define a financial risk.
    How is that relevant to anything? The thing with MOZ is that when he knows what is going on he posts as if he doesn't.

Remaining drivel snipped as it was incoherent frothing devoid of any new content.

Wanda: But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?
    firegoat: Apes don't read Orwell.
    Wanda: Yes they do, Davey-boy, they just don't understand it!
    Last edited by HydraTED; Yesterday at 03:00 AM.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

4. | #34
    MOZ* is my main signon; PMs to me should be directed here. Other special purpose signons are used.

... The thing with MOZ is that when he knows what is going on he posts as if he doesn't.

Meaning in Hindi

अंग्रेज़ी हिन्दी शब्दकोश इंगहिन्दी.कॉम पर आपका स्वागत है।
    एक अच्छा विचार -
    संसार का सबसे बडा दिवालिया वह है जिसने उत्साह खो दिया ।
    — श्रीराम शर्मा आचार्य
    FReedom though Fischer-Random chess to enjoy the whole game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread : 13