Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How much did the ACF contribute financially to the Aus Open?

1. | #76

Quote Originally Posted by HydraTED View Post
    I'm not convinced you were
    Reread the posts and ask yourself how and where i could possibly be meaning 'before'.

as you have a habit of moving the goalposts.
    No it is you that has a habit of allowing your rampant confirmation bias to interfere tragically with your thinking.

But if you were, my comment just applies with even more force. It's one thing to argue that when we don't have a bidder and it's getting late we should start throwing money away to try to get one. It's another thing to argue that an incorporated organisation, having secured a bidder late in the piece, should give them money they haven't requested, as an ad hoc gift, without having been provided with any evidence that they need or want it, and without exploring the alternative of a loan.
    No evidence?? Did not the preceeding difficulties suggest there might possibly be at least a need!?

What you're proposing is a dereliction of fiduciary duties that would look a lot like, and probably be, corruption.
    Or just being smart and in tune with the contextual reality.

Let's at all times distinguish between the excellent job done by the organisers of this event running it at short notice,
    Let's distinguish between their fine job and your complete lack of appreciation for their brilliant performance.
    So yes, time you sent that thank-you gift of a few thousand dollars to BHCC.

and the game-playing garbage generated by the various MOZ accounts on this forum. Especially given that MOZ creates a "special purpose sign-on" for the most triflingly pedantic of pretexts (and expects others to do likewise!) but has not done so in this instance, I don't consider the latter to speak for the former in any way.
    No idea what this gibberish is about or its relevance.
    Get a grip!
    "Don't let the snow get down the back of your pants" ~ SCT

2. | #77

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    Reread the posts and ask yourself how and where i could possibly be meaning 'before'.
    I don't take lessons in following the birdie or comprehension from someone who frequently can't remember his own previous post. If you can't understand how your use of the concept "reconcile" was ambiguous with respect to order of causation then you are simply beyond help. Try expressing what you mean to say more clearly - oh but that would leave you with less room for faking that you were misunderstood afterwards.

No it is you that has a habit of allowing your rampant confirmation bias to interfere tragically with your thinking.
    No this is just you displaying rampant confirmation meta-bias as concerns your own claim that I frequently display confirmation bias. There was only one case ever where you claimed this where you could even connect it to an actual factual error by me (Trump vs Sanders voice on a video), let alone demonstrate that "confirmation bias" was the cause.

You and the goat are like two tryhard yappy little dogs with little bones in the way you pick some stupid idea (whether it's your "confirmation bias" or his "Stalinist" or "narcissist" garbage) and keep gnawing away at it, repeating yourselves although there's nothing there. Learn to do this properly. Get some variety!

No evidence?? Did not the preceeding difficulties suggest there might possibly be at least a need!?
    No. If anything the overall context of the awarded bid would suggest a vastly lower than normal risk in that regard. Yes, late start, but on the other hand: experienced organisers, ready access to large player base (as admitted on this thread), pre-existing event at same time, much shorter Open than normal (greatly reducing a range of costs), reasonably central venue in a major capital city. Of course, no matter what the facts there's always some small in-theory chance the organisers might need money up front, but so what, they can ask for it if they do!

Or just being smart and in tune with the contextual reality.
    Of course a Trumphugger wouldn't distinguish between being "smart" and being corrupt.

Let's distinguish between their fine job and your complete lack of appreciation for their brilliant performance.
    Except you wouldn't know anything about what I appreciate or don't even if I hadn't said what I just said. This is not a valid forum for such things and my main purpose for being here is to take out all you idiots' trash and dispose of it according to proper standards for dealing with chemical waste.

No idea what this gibberish is about or its relevance.
    Get a grip!
    No need to be so abusive just because you're thick and haven't been paying attention. I should invoice you for my time in spelling it out:

Unlike your habit of using different hydra accounts when you just want to display a slightly different flavour of abject moonbattery, MOZ has some accounts that he employs for special purposes, as his way of trying to deal with the problem of wearing multiple hats. He did use a couple of those to make some harmless and positive contributions early in the thread. But if he was using this thread to make a serious gripe that represented the views of the organisers, he would not have used the MOZ account to do so from the start. The fact that the MOZ account led the charge shows this all up for what it is - a personal view involving being silly and playing his usual silly forum games.
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

3. | #78

Quote Originally Posted by Firegoat7 View Post
    The simple question that always should be put to [..] is "Are you a narcissist?". He is too afraid to answer that direct question honestly because he knows the real truth.
    Then why don't you put that question in exactly that form (minus your pathetic attempts at Google-bombing my name, which fail miserably anyway) and see what happens? Afraid to because the response will prove you wrong?
    Note: I have poster antichrist on ignore. On no account should anyone assume that I agree with, or am unable to refute, any comment by poster antichrist, simply because I have not responded to it. Chances are I have not even seen it. (NB Quoting posts by antichrist to try to get around this issue will mostly be ineffective). I am also sometimes denied the ability of reply to false accusations in the shoutbox.

4. | #79

I have a funny feeling The Ax is going to swing soon.

5. | #80
    Currently playing at Hobsons Bay chess club where the tournaments are the best value in the state!

Answer = Zero
    Ozchess died on the 7/4/2013- killed by Gatekeepers

6. | #81

The ACF is not a profitable company. It's mainly aimed at keeping everything exactly the same. Much like Gatsby on a drug trip.

7. | #82

Quote Originally Posted by Karniforny View Post
    The ACF is not a profitable company. It's mainly aimed at keeping everything exactly the same. Much like Gatsby on a drug trip.
    Okay, but apart from doing ratings, and sending a representative to FIDE, do we really need the ACF? Organisors are running their own tournaments, we don't really need the ACF to do that. And I'm not trying to be critical here, but I am trying to have an honest objective look to see whether the ACF is actually delivering on their core priorities (if in fact they've even formulated any core priorities).
    "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."

~ Isaiah Berlin ~

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Members who have read this thread since 15-06-19, 09:59 AM : 5